Kick-start Filmmaking in Your Club with See It, Make It!
08 January 2014
Start Making Films in Your Club
Film Nation UK is launching See It, Make It, a new programme to help stimulate increased filmmaking activity for young people and club leaders through our growing film club network. We are looking for interested club leaders across the UK who do not make films in their club to take part in this exciting programme.
Film Nation UK will support up to 300 film clubs from across the UK to take part in this free filmmaking programme, which will support the CPD of club leaders and develop key skills for young people through the making of a short film. This activity will also complement existing film club activity with a progression from watching films to making films.
Each club will be matched with a professional filmmaker who will support a total of five film clubs in a local cluster. The filmmaker and club leader will agree a schedule of activity but it is expected that the filmmaker will visit each club three times over the course of the programme to deliver participatory filmmaking sessions (in pre-production, production and post-production) for young people. The club leader will then be supported remotely by the filmmaker who will be on hand to support the continued engagement with filmmaking and assist with troubleshooting.
Film Nation UK is looking for club leaders across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland to take part but priority will be given to:
- Clubs that do not include filmmaking activity
- Club leaders that have no experience of filmmaking
- Clubs that have reduced opportunities to engage in filmmaking (due to factors including lack of equipment/resources, lack of time, lack of support)
Through See It, Make It, we aim to:
- Stimulate a sustainable interest in filmmaking
- Support the CPD of 300 club leaders and develop a skilled network who can facilitate ongoing filmmaking activity
- Reach up to 9,000 young people through regular sessions across the whole film production process
- Provide existing film clubs with an opportunity to deepen their understanding of film through practical filmmaking workshops
See It, Make It will launch in January 2014 and run until July 2014. To register your interest and to be considered for this opportunity, please complete the expression of interest form above and return to Daniel Smith at email@example.com no later than Monday 17 February 2014. We will be in contact with clubs by the end of February 2014 to let you know if you have been selected to take part.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please refer to the frequently asked questions or contact Daniel Smith on 0121 224 7514 or using the email address above.