Get it Seen - Distribution and Exhibition for Producers
18 February 2013
pic from Film Distributors Association
Wednesday 17 – Friday 19 April 2013, London
Are you a producer with big ambitions for your feature film project but struggling to gain interest from sales agents, distributors or programmers?
Do you want to gain invaluable insider knowledge from active industry practitioners that gives your film a fighting chance of reaching an audience on the big screen and beyond?
The ICO, in partnership with the FDA, are offering Get it Seen – Distribution and Exhibition for Producers. This intensive and practical crash course is designed to empower emerging film producers with a greater knowledge and understanding of these sectors, to help them get their films noticed within the industry and seen by an audience.
Participants will gain insights from sector insiders, headed by our course leader is Julia Short, Head of Acquisitions at The Works and a fine line up of guest speakers, including:
• Alex Stolz, Senior Executive for Distribution and Exhibition, BFI
• David Sin, Head of Cinemas, ICO
• Edward Fletcher, Managing Director, Soda Pictures
• Geraldine Moloney, Policy Advisor, FDA
• Joel Kennedy, Head of Acquisitions, Metrodome
• John Trafford-Owen, Head of Theatrical Distribution, Studiocanal UK
• Matt Smith, Head of Distribution, Lionsgate UK
• Michael Lee, Joint Owner, The Movie Partnership
• Sally Hodgson, Producer of Marketing and Distribution, Sound It Out
• Sean Perkins, Head of Research and Statistics, BFI
• Tom Raffe, Director, Screenburn Media Ltd.
…with more to be announced soon!
£250 + VAT = £300. Bursaries are available towards travel, accommodation and childcare.
London Jesus Centre, 83 Margaret Street, London, W1W 8TB
Email Sarah Bourne