Deadline Extended for See It, Make It
06 January 2014
Film Nation UK is launching See It, Make It, a new commissioning programme to help stimulate increased filmmaking activity for young people through our growing film club network. We are looking for professional filmmakers across the UK to help deliver this. Following a huge interest from filmmakers and clubs, we have decided to extend the deadline to register interest to Wednesday 29 January 2014.
Film Nation UK will award 60 professional filmmakers from across the UK with a commission of £3,000 to each support approximately five film clubs in a local area. Each filmmaker will agree a schedule of activity with the club leader but it is expected that the filmmaker will visit each club three times over the course of the programme to deliver participatory filmmaking sessions (in pre-production, production and post-production) for young people.
UK filmmakers wanted
Film Nation UK is looking for filmmakers in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and specifically, we are looking for filmmakers who:
- have a strong track record of delivering participatory filmmaking workshops with young people aged 5-19
- have experience of supporting adult/teacher CPD through filmmaking activities
can demonstrate high quality films/filmmaking experiences from previous work undertaken
- can be flexible and respond to the needs of club leaders and young people
Through this project, we aim to:
- Stimulate a sustainable interest in filmmaking
- Support the CPD of 300 club leaders and develop a skilled network who can facilitate ongoing filmmaking activity
- Reach 9,000 young people through regular sessions across the whole film production process
- Provide existing film clubs with an opportunity to deepen their understanding of film through practical filmmaking workshops
The programme will launch in January 2014 and run until July 2014. To register your interest and to find out more about this opportunity, please complete the expression of interest form and return to Daniel Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday 29 January 2014. If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Daniel Smith on 0121 224 7514.